Junkfish are looking for a talented audio lead with a strong knowledge of game audio techniques and production methods to join our development team in Scotland in a full-time capacity.
You will need to be passionate about creating stunning, high quality, and realistic audio assets for games; talented and highly motivated, with a genuine interest in playing games.
As a sound designer, you must be creative and versatile. You will be creating various audio assets necessary for the monthly content pushes and milestones and will be able to maintain and manage high levels of quality while working in a rapid, rigorous, and timely manner.
We encourage candidates to apply regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, age, or any other diversifying factor, as we strive to improve equal opportunities and accessibility within the industry.
· Together with the creative director and creative leads, define and uphold audio vision for all company projects, both on a creative and technical level, while ensuring professional audio quality is met and the vision is effectively communicated.
· Oversee all aspects of audio development and implementation regarding sound assets, dialogue, music, and mix across all company projects.
· Conceptualize audio features and best practices to support audio content creation and implementation across all company projects.
· Define audio pipelines and infrastructures to support audio implementation systems and toolsets (voice pipelines, audio-build systems, music systems, etc.).
· Research and advocate for game audio technologies that best allow the team to deliver the best possible audio experience for company projects.
· Design and implement audio assets that help achieve the project's overall creative vision.
· Delegate tasks to department team members and make sure they have work assigned to them on Jira.
· Review work done by audio team to make sure that tasks are created to specifications outlined and is at a high standard. Run quarterly reviews to help identify areas or improvement.
· Actively identify, troubleshoot, debug and prioritize audio issues across company projects.
· Assist in the recruitment of internal and outsourced audio talent and potential training opportunities for existing team members.
· Create and maintain audio-related documentation.
· With aid from the other leads and Creative Director, help write up the Milestones, Epics and Stories to be used to guide the project's key deliveries. Identify risks within the schedule and projects and suggest changes.
· Work with Production to verify that tasks, milestones, and deliverables are well-defined and achievable as it pertains to audio. Help analyse project features to make sure success criteria is agreed.
Skills & Requirements
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience, including the shipping of at least one title in a lead or audio position.
· Excellent understanding of game audio pipelines, industry standard audio production tools, and audio recording techniques.
· Familiarity with a variety of audio middleware applications. (Wwise, FMOD, etc)
· Workable knowledge in using a games engine such as Unreal or Unity.
· Collaborative attitude; receptive and adaptive to change and feedback.
· Able to manage large-scale audio asset production.
· Great communications skills
· Able to work independently with minimal oversight.
· Strong artistic and creative sense
· Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
Salary: GBP 35,000 – 41,000/year Location: Glasgow, UK (Remote options available)
Skills and Role: We are open to promising candidates that may not meet the requirements listed.
To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.